Thursday 29 October 2015

Democracy or not?!

Today another kid hit my son for the first time. My son is 8 months old, and being premature & the 1st kid and all, me & my husband are very cautious of him. But today, it was a really funny scene & rewinding it in my head, it made me really proud of my son. All my life, i was a shy girl. I was bullied both verbally and physically until the age of 12. Thats bcz my parents never put me out there. They never encouraged me to defend myself. They always told me to tattle-tale when someone hurts me. I wanna be different. Bcz i know one thing. Kids dont know democracy. Adults dont know democracy. But in kids world, its a jungle & its not run by logic & reason. To gain peace, u must make war. If someone hits u, u must hit back. If someone insults u, u must hit back harder...put a sock in their mouth. Then when u hit puberty, u can try a bit of democracy...see if someone listens. So the story goes like this: My frnd visited me today and brought along her 18 month old son. At first he was shy, and enjoying looking at my son. 15 minutes later, he slaps my son on the forehead and tries to push him off his chair. Of course, my frnd was like "no! Let go of him! U cant have his toy chair...etc". But i was more interested in my sons response. I honestly expected him to cry. But guess what he did? He looked at the kid in shock, like "what the hell?!" And then reached out to the other kids hand and started hitting it until the other kid let go of the chair. My frnds son did try to attack again 10 minutes later but this time his mom pulled him away. But what happened, my son defending himself. I was so proud. I see kids being bullied in school corners and , although im an adult, im too scared to say anything. But my son. I dont have to be worried of him being bullied at school i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment